Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tuesday August 30, 2011

Hey mom
I'm excited for this new phase in your life. You have all this free time. What are you going to do?
You can invite any of the paxmen and rancks (jessica Williams and Autumn) to see my blog, and erica tonks and erin sturm. I received an invite from the blog but don't have time at the moment to follow through on the invite. As far as emailing, just immediate family is what I’ve been told. That would be best, that way I can have to read and respond to everyone. I got an email from grandpa. He seems to think that's he's doing pretty good. He's always been a superman in my mind. Always seems untouchable. I put his name on the prayer role and pray for both him and grandpa every night
And then for putting money into my account, dad would know better than I. But I think you just add it onto your tithing slip. Like I said, I'd ask dad to make sure.
So Dad's losing weight eh? He's probably not going about it the best way but good for him. I think I might slip in an apple or something into his bag each night so that he at least has something during the day to eat.
Thanks for cleaning up after me. I'll be honest; I don't know what all I left. Ever since kjarsta packed up my stuff I haven't been able to find any of my things. I look forward to your package. Mail always makes the day better.
Everything I left for claire and james is in the royal crest storage room. I told claire where everything is, and left both james and claire instructions as to what belongs to them.
I know that this will be a good experience for james. He'll grow a lot, and become more dependant and more loving. You don't really appreciate things or people until after you don't have them. That was the same for me.
I love being here. The lessons are so great. You can really feel the spirit. It was a little difficult at first. We do a lot of role playing with each other and with our teachers. Pretending that we're investigators and trying to teach them lessons. I 'm a lot better teacher because of this though. But I am looking forward to next week when I get to start teaching real people with real problems.
This last week I gave a talk in church. Sacrament isn't the same is sacrament at home. They don't assign speakers; rather they call upon them from the congregation. So each Saturday we get extra time to prepare talks. I focused on relying upon the spirit and how the Lord will help you to know what to say if you do not fear. The scripture I used was 1 Nephi 4:6 when Nephi is getting the plates. I've read that scripture so many times but had never really given it much thought.
Well I’m out of time. Actually I've gone over the time. Give everyone my love. Tell I dad I love him.

Sister Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment