Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sept 26,2011

Hey Momma dear (and all the family and friends who read this)

We were able to watch the broadest Saturday, it was so amazing. I especially enjoyed Elder Uchtdorfs talk. I felt like it was really directed to me. Earlier in the week the work was kind of slow. Sister Shutt and i did some comp inventory and made some new goals to help us become better missionaries. There's always room for improvement, but I'm exciting about the goals we made. That's so exciting with Claire, running that race. When I come home I hope to do the same. She's coaching? I had no idea. Is she playing as well? Who are the two coaches? I do get some letters but didn't receive any this week. (HINT HINT!!) I go running every morning and then make sure to do my push ups, sit ups and stretch. I find that really helps me wake up and get ready to study. My comp is so good so come with me. She is not a morning person, and there were two mornings this last week where she didn't want to run but came out and sat in the car and watched me run.
That's so good that you’re building a relationship of Trust (BRT) with your friends. That’s really where it starts. Next time you see them and if the time is right you should bring up General Conference. We have plans to be at different people's house's to watch GC. We've become really good friends with a less active, part member (LA/PM family) and they want us to come to their house to watch GC and to have dinner. No complains there. I'm pretty excited.

This week was an awesome week for us. We had so many miracles and tender mercies. We have this lady in our congregation who works at Panera bread after each shift the bread that isn't sold that day is picked up by some denomination and is distributed. Well on those days when it isn't picked up she calls us and packs our car full of Panera Bread. This is only the second time it happened, but it’s so much bread. Our entire back seat and part of our trunk was full of boxes and bags of fresh bread. The nice thing is we don't have to worry about buying bread (or starving), but I’m kind of sick of bread now. It’s just too much. Anyways we went over to a Less active (LA) house thinking we could give her some bread and as we were about to knock on her door I see one of her neighbors outside. We walk over to him and find out he doesn't live there, he just works on the yard. We had a really good discussion about God and Jesus Christ. During our discussion two lady's walked out of the front door as they were getting unto their car I called out to them and asked they would like some fresh Panera Bread. They said yes and they along with the man came over to our car and we were able to unload some bread. The cool thing was in the back of our trunk is where we carry our proselyting pamphlets and extra copies our the BOM. One of the ladies saw our copies of the BOM and asked if they could have one. We ended up giving both the women a copy of the BOM and the Plan of Salvation pamphlets. It was such a good day. I know that the Lord blessed us to be in that place at that time so we could talk to those two ladies. I don't know what will happen next, but at least they are on the road to finding out the truth.
Then this week we followed up on a referral of a man who has met with the missionaries. He's of the Baha (sp?) faith. Good discussion but I don't think he was interested in changing. In fact as we left I wouldn't be surprised if he thought he was helping us find God. Whatever. Sometimes people aren't ready fort the gospel. And then yesterday we had three investigators at church. Which is awesome! And we had an appointment to go and meet with two of them but they had to leave to go somewhere. We didn't know they had left until we received a call from their aunt who let us know. We have a tentative app. for this Friday so that's something to look forward to. After the cancelation we were sitting in our car in a parking lot trying to decide what to do next when I look over and see a young lady sitting on the curb side. She looked like she needed a friend so I mentioned to sister shutt that we should go and talk to her. She was such a sweet lady. She's a young working mom with three young kids. We sat down and started asking her about herself and BRT with her. We gave her a BOM and I talked about Jesus Christ and the church a little bit. She works at a nearby fast food drive in so we told her we'd have to come buy and purchase lunch from her. This week was just so great!

Love you mom. You are amazing!

Sister Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment