Friday, September 16, 2011

Sept 5th, 2011

Here’s last weeks email. I went through my sent mail and found it. I don't why it didn't send in the first place.
Hey mom
So tomorrow I'll be traveling to the mission home. And I'll get to call home for like 10-15minutes sometime tomorrow morning so stay close to the phone.
Yes I would love it if you could activate my credit card. My checks are in the plastic container under Rosie’s bed. It looks like a filing container full of colorful files. There should be a box with some checks in there. I have a check book, and if you need me to send them to you let me know.
I received your granola yesterday and all the packages. Thank you so much for them. I've already worn the white jacket and I wore the dress yesterday.. You should ask Spencer about what happened when I saw them at the temple. It’s a good story. Let them know that I didn't get in any trouble. But the security guard did give me some grief when I tried coming back on campus. I went and told my Branch President what had happened, he just laughed and told my not to worry. I must say y though. I was very upset about the situation. The brother was very rude and I think he could have handled it better.
This last Tuesday for our devotional Elder Holland came and spoke to us. It was such an amazing experience. I loved every moment of it. The spirit was so strong. He speaks with such power and authority. There is no way I could have denied what he was talking about because the spirit was so strong.
He talked about how we need to always set the example. He told us to look down and our names tags and look at the names there; the first being our own, Salmon. I am a representative of my family and I have no right to defile or embarrass my family; the second being Jesus Christ. Again he compelled us, almost reprimanded us to always set the perfect example. As missionaries everyone knows who we are. Everyone looks up to us for a good example. And in their eyes we are perfect. He told us that although we are not perfect we should live our lives so that everyone around us thinks we are perfect. Then he spoke about some other things, and then closed with answering a question. Why does God Love us? because we are his children. He is a perfect being. He loves us perfectly and would do anything and everything to help us and to come our aid. He spoke of the scripture in Mark when Jesus is suffering. When Jesus called upon the father he said, “Abba,” Father. "Daddy" is the closest translation to Abba. That really touched me. God is our loving Father and we truly are his children.

P.S Mom, my arm is good. I've stopped wearing the brace. Actually during that second week at the MTC I took turns wearing it and not wearing it. I even went to the athletic trainer’s room in the gym and put heat and ice on it a couple of times. I almost have full range of motion. It only hurts in some select positions. I think there might have been some cartilage damaged so that is why it’s taking a little longer to heal. I have played volleyball on it so it's not that bad. When I remember I try to exercise it and increase my ROM.
Love you family

Sister Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment