Monday, August 13, 2012

June 4th 2012

HEY MOMMA DEar! HAHA you'd think Dad would've given you a heads up on speaking in church. Its nice to know I'm next in priority. Jk mom, just given you a hard time because i can. :). I did use the card and paid my co-payment. Yes you'll probably be getting a bill. Sorry about that. But its better than what some of the other sister have been going through. Some of them have cysts on their ovaries, so i'm counting my blessings. 1. what did you enjoy doing with your father? I think the biggest think for me was just spending time with dad.Working along side him in the yard. Letting me help him, treating me like i was important and when i wanted them giving me little jobs. I loved going camping with dad. Especially the last ward camp out. The tradition of doing scones in dutch ovens. When we were younger he'd come down to the beach and come swimming in the lake even though i bet he was tired. (when i come home can we go camping? maybe beach hike?) 2. What things that your father do for you were you the most grateful for? Dad shows his love for all of us through service. But i was always grateful when he verbalized it. When he would pay me a compliment or when he would tell me he loved me and gave me a hug and a kiss. I remember during me senior year being the only sibling living downstairs and dad would stay up really late on the computer finishing work related things. And before i went to bed i'd either come out and tell him I loved him and give him a kiss goodnight or holler it from my bedroom. And he'd always reciprocation or holler back. That meant the most to me because Dad didn't use to be so open with saying the phrase "i Love you". That's so sweet that Kay gave you a call. She mentioned my parents at the end of a lesson and i told her she could call you if she wanted. She is such a sweet women with such a desire to come back to church. She recently finished the Book of Mormon for the first time and is excited now to start reading from the Doctrine and Covenants. She just received a copy of the D&C and has never had an opportunity to read from its pages. Actually when we went to teach her we had planned on reading the fist chapter of the D&C but was pleasantly surprised to find out that she had already started. Reading the scriptures really does change people. When we first started, it was hard to help Kay understand the need to read from the scriptures. One of the issues she had with reading aside from putting actually picking it up, was understanding it. My companion and i promised that as she made the effort to read each day that the Lord would bless her in understanding. I know that the Lord has blessed Kay in the this very thing. I think she read the Book of Mormon in about two months. It is such a wonderful blessing to be able to be in instrument in the hands of god, and to recognize his tender blessings. its for Kay's granddaughters, two girls. They're between the ages of 4-6yrs. old. Doesn't need to be anything too fancy mom, i don't want to add stress especially if you're having to write a talk for father's day. Which when you finish writing could you send me a copy. I'd love to read it. We had a neat experience the other day right before our dinner appointment. We arrived to our dinner appointment quicker than we thought and had a some extra time on our hands. With the remaining time we decided to knock a few doors, making our way down to our dinner appointment. I was surprised when at the first door the individual very pleasantly said hello and welcomed us in before we even introduced ourselves. He was catholic, but had heard of the church because his sister was a member. We shared with him our purpose as missionaries and discussed our similar beliefs in Christ. Although he didn't care for a second appointment, I know that we were lead to that door for reason. This last week we had leadership training, and Elder Reall of the sixth quoram of the seventy (?) was there. I love attending these meetings. The spirit that is present, and the messages that are shared are exactly what i need to hear at that time in my life. Elder stewert, one of our AP's in his training asked us what purpose was. Immediately i started reciting in my head "our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel..." Though that point was addressed through out the discussion, Elder Stewert shared an insight that he had learned early on in his mission. He shared the statement, our purpose is to develop and strengthen our conversion to the gospel, to prepare for eternity and live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. This morning I read the talk given by Elder Halstrom from this last General Conf. Talk. He shared how important it is to be fully converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the its through church that we can obtain that conversion. That we can't be satisfied with just being active church members. I know that what Elder Halstrom has shared is true. That we can't just be active church goers. If that's all we're doing then we don't fully understand the Gospel. I know this church is true. That it was organized after the "same organization that existed the primitive church." And that as we attend church, fulfill our callings, read our scriptures, pray... and show our love to the lord that we can become converted to the gospel. And as we endure to the end that the blessings of Exaltation can be ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment