Monday, August 13, 2012

July 30, 2012

Okay you slackers, how are things going for you all? Sister Randall and i were pleasantly surprised to have had a baptism this last Saturday. Angel O'Neill surprised us on Tuesday by telling us she had talked with the Bishop on Sunday and had set a baptismal date together. We spent the bulk of that lesson preparing her for her Baptismal interview the next day and the program together. There were a few complications concerning who was going to speak so last minute i volunteered to give the talk on the holy Ghost. Saturday was a very stressful day for me. I think baptisms are always stressful for those involved. I had completed some reading on the Holy Ghost but hadn't had time to write my talk yet. We found ourselves in a deep discussion with a catholic preacher who was so concerned for our well being that he didn't give us time to talk. What we thought would be a 30 minute discussion turned quickly into an hour + discussion. I now had only 30 minutes to quickly write a talk.I was able to piece some thoughts together and when it came time for me to speak i know that the lord blessed me to know what to say.I only used a fraction of what i had prepared. I know that God does help us and when we are prepared and worthy of his spirit he can directs us in our actions, thoughts, and words. This week we also had our super activity. So on Thursday all of us in the mission gathered down town for the Cardinals Baseball game. It was so much fun. We all wore our proselyting clothes. Well, all except the other sisters. The sisters were told they could wear jeans. My companion and I wore skirts though because it was too hot and muggy to even think about wearing jeans. After the game we gathered at Forest park for dinner and a talent show. Friday was the spiritual part of our activity. We had three awesome speakers.The First speaker, Doctor Anderson (Psychiatrist?) talked about the importance of our spiritual, emotional, and physical well being. Bro. Menlo Smith (who purchased the St. Louis Temple site and then donated it to the church. Part of the agreement in purchasing the land was to not sell it to the Mormons. So he donated) spoke about sources of instruction and how we can be successful as missionaries and as future mothers and fathers. The last speaker was Doctor Olsen (physical therapist), spoke on the law of consecration as a missionary. The spirit was thick and i didn't want to leave at the end. There is so much power when you can gather together with people who have the same goals and beliefs. I love being a missionary. I never understood when RM's would talk about how on your mission you experience the very highs, and the very lows until now. I know Christ lives, that he is so much aware each of us. I know the Plan of Salvation is true, that it is the only way we can be happy now, and in the eternities. I love you all. sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment