Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012

Talk about memories... I can't believe a year has already flown by and little James is getting ready for his mission. So received mom's collection of letters that she collected at the family reunion. I was laughing so hard. I must say, we have a very dysfunctional family. Most families when they go on vacations go and relax. Nope, not us. We play hard and it seems to be full of concussion, at least a couple people sick, flesh wounds and ton and tons of food. (Dan, welcome to the family. It sounded like you received a proper welcoming into the Salmon Family. Its going to be a great eternity :) So transfers were this last week. Sister Randall and I were both shipped out of St. Charles. I am now serving in Frontenac, Mo with Sister Pedersen and Sister Grover. The ward has the largest percentage of active members I've ever served in. Church yesterday was great. We got to meet a lot of new faces. Its excited, we are serving in the same ward that President and Sister Clark, our mission president and his wife attend. This week has been filled with moving into the apartment, Its been fun trying to find places for all of our things. And also getting to know the members and investigators the previous sisters had been working with. We will get to do a lot of finding, our teaching pool isn't very large, but we have high hopes for the end of the transfer. Towards the end of last week we were able to meet with a potential investigator by the name of Felix. We were able to visit with him and discuss his views of church attendance and prayer. Half way through the discussion he got all teary eyed and and said that he knew he needed to come to church. The spirit was strong in our discussion and I look forward to seeing him this week. Thursday, sister Pedersen had to go up to Pittsfield,ILL. to get a cast put on her foot and to do iron transfusions. She had broken her foot back in May and hadn't followed the advice of her doctor so it had gotten worse. As for the Iron. She is Iron deficient and is allergic to all iron supplements so she has to take it via IV. That was an all day adventure. Our GPS was taking us all over the place so we really didn't get a lot done that day. Its going to take some time adjusting to working in a tri.They each are seasoned missionaries and i am excited to learn from each. I know that God puts us in situations and with people for specific reasons. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior. I have seen how people have changed when they learn and accept this simple truth. I know i still have much to learn when it comes to the gospel, and am excited for this opportunity to learn. I have come to know that missions aren't really sacrifices. I have learned so much from my mission. Things i wouldn't have learned anywhere else. I love my heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ. This is their church. love you all sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment