Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012

Hey mother dear
How was Utah and picking up Claire and James?
This week was so great. My birthday came and went, which was so weird. Celebrating a birthday on a mission is the oddest thing. Instead of thinking about yourself, you're more focused on those around you and their needs. I had a really neat experience on my birthday to help out the other sister companionship in our district. They've been struggling with unification and the senior companion has been struggling with health problems. It felt so great to be able to talk with each of them individually and give them the support and encouragement they needed. THANK YOU to everyone for your birthday cards packages etc. I loved them all!! They were what helped me remember that it was my birthday.
This last week we had transfers and Sister Northcutt and I get to learn and grow from each other for another six weeks. I was also called to be the exchange sister again, this time for the Missouri sisters-which I am so excited about. I have four other sister companionships that I am over and have the privilege to go on exchanges with. This next transfer is going to fly by so fast because for the next four weeks we are going to be in and out of our area.
We've started the stop smoking program with one of our investigators. I am worried about her. She's living in a home full of smokers and is having a hard time resisting the craving. She's been taught all the lessons, and her main fellowshipper has been out of town the last week and won't be back until May. We're in the process of helping her meet more members but I’m worried that she's losing momentum. We can't really set a baptismal date because... well it’s a huge mess. She's not living the law of chastity and doesn't want to marry him, but can't move out because she has nowhere to go. Super crazy!
Also this week, I guess also last Saturday. I got tired of running at the track by where we live so I suggested that she ride my bike and I’d run beside her. We'll run down town to the park that runs next to the Missouri river and then run back. I'm a little worried to go anywhere else with her just because she's not that confident on the bike. The first day she was so worried about crashing my bike that she kept psyching herself out and crashing. LOl. I had to muffle my laughs when this happened.
love you all.
sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment