Monday, April 9, 2012

April 2, 2012

That's so scary about Tabor. Is he doing better now? What ever happened? This last Thursday Sister Northcutt and I and the other sisters in our district went to temple. Actually it was a really crazy day. Sister Pederson who serves in Dardenne creek couldn't find her recommend so we had to go and meet with president prior to the session. I guess he had a meeting that day for the new trainers so when we arrived he told us to go have lunch and he'd be back. So we called up Sister Clark and had a great time with her. We have a sister’s conference coming up this month and I told Sister Clark if she needed help preparing meals that I'd be more than happy to volunteer. So we talked about that. We finally met up with President Clark and were able to be on our way. The session was a small one. I always feel bad because as missionaries we are told not to participate in the actual services. So they had to bring some more people in to help out.
General conference was amazing! I loved all the messages that were shared. I'm excited to receive next month’s issue so I can read and study them in greater depth. We watched both Saturday sessions at the church, there were other members from our district there so we all stayed around and had lunch together as we waited for the second session to start. Sunday Sister Northcutt and I watched both sessions at a members home. We had two of our investigators attend the morning session. Christina seemed to really enjoy it. I'm excited to talk to them more about it on Tuesday when we have our lesson with them.
Saturday night we had dinner at a PM/LA home. Sister Northcutt and I were waiting for them in the dining room as they were putting the last final touches on dinner, when Sister Northcutt let out a small cry. Under the lip of a nearby table was a hornet. It was just chilling there. We didn't want to disrupt dinner in any way so it wasn't until after dinner that we told them. John Silvies (nonmemer) quickly assessed the situation, killed the hornet and then came out with some herbal remedies. His remedy of choice was to get a piece of grass, wet it and place some tobacco in it. Then he had my companion place her finger into the tobacco and hold it there all during dessert. Poor Sister Northcutt. But it makes for a funny story.
Sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment