Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 16th, 2012

Mom hasn't written me yet, and you were the first email i read this morning from any family. That's so exciting for James. I can't believe it, after tomorrow all of us will be endowed. What a blessing that is. All nine of us have made it to the temple. What an amazing blessing this is for our family.
Actually the weather has been kind of crummy these last couple of days. Well I've been enjoying it but other people just don't appreciate the rain like i do. Last night sister northcutt and i came in a little early. We were out doing stop bys when the weather started getting really fierce. I guess there were some tornado warnings. I was a little worried we might not make it home. I was driving and there were times where i really could only see maybe 20ft in front of me. I finally told my companion to just look for a member close by so we could wait it out. But she took forever just getting the ward list out of the binder that by that point i had made it to the free way and felt more confident about getting home and told her top forget it. I only hydroplaned once. :) We got home safely, which was great because it gave me some time to get caught up in my scripture reading. I made a goal to finish the book of Mormon by today, I'm in Moroni 7. I wanted to read the book of Mormon like a book, cover to cover. I haven’t really done that in a while. This will be my second time finishing it, and the quickest I've ever finished it. I think it’s a little under a month. I figured out that i had to read about 25 pages a day. Every free moment i had i was reading my book of Mormon. And i have found such joy in reading from it, and learning from the lives that have been recorded.

Tomorrow in the celestial room make sure to give an extra hug and kiss to James and Claire for me. And tell them how much i love them. These last couple of days have been pretty emotional ones, and i know that that will continue into this next week. But i also know that God has a purpose for all of us, that there is a time and a season for everyone. I know that I was called to serve a mission for a reason. And i knew that these things that are happening in our family were definite possibilities. And i accepted that when i accepted my call. I know with out a doubt that Jesus Christ is the son of God, that he loves me and is ever aware of me. I know this because of the blessings (and the trials that then turn into blessings) that he gives me. I love being a part of this work, and i know that I have an eternity to make plans and memories with my family. I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity. Families can be together forever. Through Heavenly father's plan. I know this to be true. I love you dad. Thank you for being my dad.

sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment