Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday March 26, 2012

Hey mother, father and honored guests,

This week was so amazing! On Tuesday we had a lesson with Jennifer, we held it outside in her backyard because it was so beautiful outside. We talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon and shared some scriptures about its purpose and importance. She seemed to really enjoy that and gave a great closing prayer. I love hearing the prayers of my investigators. At first they may not want to pray, and are really hesitant. For many, praying with us is their first time giving a vocal prayer. They sometimes stop and start over multiple times before closing, but that's ok. The best is when you mention that its time to go and they ask to say the prayer.

This last Wednesday and Thursday I was privileged to attend Leadership training in Chesterfield, MO. The spirit in these meetings is always so strong and I am so grateful when I am able to attend. Each day there were two break-out sessions in which we discussed and role played ways in which we can improve and become more effective spirit led missionaries. One of the teachings that stood out to me that I wish to share was given during the first day of leadership. Elder Stewart gave it and it kind of reminded of Elder Oaks talk Good, Better, Best. He shared how its important to be busy as a missionary; to schedule our time so that we have something to do every hour of the day. But that we need to analyze how we are using our time. Are we just filling our days to be busy? When we don't have appointments are we using it as effectively as we could? This led me to reevaluate my time spent each day. It has helped me set some new goals which I hope will help sister Northcutt and I use our time to the BEST of our abilities.

All the sisters that came in for leadership training spent the night at the sister missionaries home in Frontenac, really fun! That morning I had planned on going running with Sister Crandall and Sister Lowe. I had brought all my running gear this time and was super excited to have someone to run with.....problem was my shoes where lost in the transition from the car that I traveled up in and the sisters car. :( Thankfully I was able to borrow sister Shutts shoes for my run. It wasn't until the last five minutes that I started to lose feeling in my toes. I wear a size 9 and she wears a size 7. One thing that I have learned while on my mission is that if it's important to me (and its good and wholesome) then it is important to my Father in Heaven.

Thursday night our ward held a R.S birthday celebration in which two LA members who we've only recently started working with attended. The ward was really receptive to them and they told us they had a really good time. That's always a concern as a missionary. As members we are sometimes too shy, too...something, whatever it is prevents us from introducing ourselves to visitors and LA members.

Then yesterday we made breakfast over at Christina and Jennifer's house and almost made it in time for the opening song. :) Thankfully we were able to get a hold of a member and she was able to save us a seat in the middle. And they stayed for all three hours! I love it!

Sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment