Monday, March 19, 2012

March 5th 2012

That's so crazy that she called you so soon. She's such a sweet lady. After sacrament she asked me for you name and phone number because she wanted to call you. She also mentioned something about wanting to ask you about your granola recipe because she makes granola (not as good as yours) and will always brings some to the missionaries. I mentioned you make granola and will sometimes send me some... I've heard from both grandpa and dad that it was a great dinner, lots of good food and fun times. How are the wedding plans, sounds like everything is going as smoothly as they can eh?
That blows goats about Jame's dental visit. I really did luck out with my dental visits. I had a couple fillings that I needed to get filled too. The Lord needed me to serve a mission now and knew that I wouldn't be able to offered for dental care. Thank you heavenly Father! (or how people out here say it, THANK YOU JESUS!) :) It really is a different culture out here. Tell Sister Farnsworth thank you so much for my VT message. It was wonderful. I didn't know that I was assigned a VT?
This morning I went for an amazing run. The sun is up and we had a full blue sky. My morning run acts as that restart button so that no matter what, I can conquer the day. We were dropped by two of our investigators last week and a less active family we were trying to fellowship. It’s sad how it all came about, but at the same time am at peace with it all. They weren't progressing and this has opened the windows of finding those who truly want the gospel in their lives. We had Zone conference last week which focused a lot on finding which was so inspired because that is what sister Northcutt and I will be focusing on. Time to pull up these skirts and hit the pavement.!!!
Today we're meeting up with another set of missionaries and will be walking around down town St. Charles. I guess there is a lot of history here so we're going to go on an adventure. Main street so I've heard (and experienced a little because we tried street contacting down there but got too distracted with all the shops and things to see) is lined with little shops and boutiques. So we're going to go exploring.
I had a neat experience just now, as I was writing. I was sitting next to this older gentleman and every so often he'd lean over and ask for help with writing. We started talking and I introduced myself as a minister of Jesus Christ. We had a neat discussion. He told me about himself and how he hates where he's at and yet how he knows that he is never alone. That he has a "brother, who's my best friend" who will always be there for him. It was such a humbling experience. I know that Jesus Christ is my elder brother who is also my best friend whom I can turn to at all times. I know that he loves me, that he lived(s) and died so that I could repent of my mistakes and make it back home. I know that this church is true. That being a member of this church is the only true way to be happy in this life and in the eternities. I know that I am a child of God. I know that the scriptures are true. I love them; they give me the strength and direction that I lack.
I love you mother dear so much!
sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment