Saturday, March 3, 2012

February 27, 2012

Well I made it to my second area, transfer meetings was last Wednesday so I haven't been in St. Charles for that long. Exciting news though, from before I left. I had my first Baptism! It was amazing. Cleo was baptized Tuesday night before I left. It was super crazy. The Zl's were supposed to meet us at the church to show us how to fill up the font and to set things up. But when we called them they said they wouldn't be able to make it so Sister Luker and I were scrambling trying to figure things out. And even though we were both stressing a little trying to figure out how to fill up the font, we kept making jokes and laughing about everything. Sister Luker made the remark as we were trying to figure out how to plug the font "they never taught me this in the MTC". We both laughed at that. But everything went really well and we had an amazing turn out. She was a double dipper, her foot came up as she went down but other than that it was great. She was confirmed yesterday and has been on fire ever since.

Sister Northcutt is my new companion; has been out just over 9 weeks. Her trainer went home this last transfer meeting so I get to finish training her and follow up train her as well. I'm really excited for this new companionship. Sister Northcutt has such a sweet testimony; she just needs to not be afraid to share it. I guess in the weeks leading up to my arrival they have had some difficulty with their teaching pool. People keep dropping them. :( That will be our prime focus these next couple of weeks. We'll be out hitting the pavement (not my favorite), talking to members and nonmembers seeking out those whom the Lord has prepared to receive the gospel. It’s been a blessing that the weather has changed a bit. It’s still cold and the wind doesn't help much, but at least the sun is out and that feels so great. I've moved from one basement to another. But this time the couple we live with are not LDS. I had a neat little discussion with Edie this morning about temple marriage. Who knows maybe we could start teaching them. They're devote Baptists so its weird that they house missionaries.... We went out running yesterday, and hit a gold mine. We live a stones throw away from a high school that has an open track. So now I can gauge my mileage... And this last week as we were out I met a practicing witch. I almost wanted to ask what that meant but decided not to.

Love you all! Don't be afraid to open you mouths and share you beliefs with your friends. This is the true church, Jesus is the Christ. The Book of Mormon is a true book of scripture.

Sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment