Monday, February 20, 2012

February 5, 2012

Hahaha so mom, have you got a paper chain count going for me? :) Thank you so much for your wisdom and your letters each week. There are days when your letters are the motivating factor. The mission is hard, harder than I have ever expected.

That's exciting about the package. I will be going down to Centralia tonight and we'll be stopping by the mission office tomorrow morning so maybe it will be there.
On Monday for Pday we had our Zone pday. It was crazy. We played capture the flag, but we used nerf guns and PVC pipes. It was awesome. The Elders really got into it pulling out tables and chairs. When they were finished it looked like a battle ground.

This last week we had exchanges in Jacksonville. They live in this old school, which is crazy. So for my morning run I just ran the hallway. They live in a really cool city. I guess they have a college there for the blind and deaf and as part of their calling they are required to participate in ASL classes. They do a lot of signing there which is so cool. Sister Pederson taught me a few things, sadly I have forgotten them. I hope to serve there; the people there are so friendly.

We are working with two investigators who have baptismal dates. Sometimes I wish they'd just trust us and get baptized. They know it’s true. They have both felt the spirit in their lives. Agency can be so irritating at times. :)

Sunday was a tender mercy. I had been feeling kind blue because of some things that had happened that morning. But Cleo came to church Sunday and brought her Granddaughter. And then a LA whom we've been working a lot with came to church for the first time since Christmas. God is very much aware of us. And when a door closes he does open that window.
I love you all and am thankful for who you are and the example you set to those around you.

sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment