Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 30, 2012

This last week went by so slowly for me and my companion, yet so many great things have happened. We were able to pick up three new investigators this last week. Benjamin and Randy are a young couple, Benjamin was on you tube and saw a video about Joseph Smith which linked him to Mormon.org. He referred himself and asked for a Book of Mormon. We were able to go over there this last week with a couple in our ward and share the story of the restoration and how the book of Mormon is the key stone of our religion. Our other investigator is Saddie Reed, she is something else. Sister Shutt and I found her a couple months ago and she said she'd call us when her life wasn't too busy. She called us last week and we had a good discussion with her Monday and another on Saturday. She's battling some health problems currently which makes it hard to meet because she's constantly going to the doctors. Cleo, is one of our most progressing investigators. She came to church again yesterday. This was her third time coming and she brought along her granddaughter who is just as cute as can be. She had fun sticking stickers all over us during sacrament.

I was privileged to give a talk in church yesterday. I guess someone called and canceled so Brother Birk (2nd counselor in Bishopric) called me Saturday morning. I spoke on our ward’s theme for this year which is 2 Nephi 25:26. I was asked to talk about how this scripture can help motive us to change and grow closer to our Father in Heaven. Hopefully it went well. I don't know. I enjoyed speaking, probably because I enjoy teaching.

Excited news! We received a text last night from our Zl's notifying us that we were the number one baptizing zone in the mission. That was awesome to hear because before we weren't doing so great. Currently we have two investigators with baptismal dates and three with potential dates.

This morning I was reading in Mormon 7. It is one of my favorite chapters. I love how it talks about how we must have hope in order to have faith, and to have hope we must first be meek and lowly in heart. I went through this chapter and circled the word hope every time it was mentioned. It says it quit a bit. But I think my favorite verse in this chapter is verse 31. This verse is what I have been called to do. I have been called and set apart to find those who are ready and prepared for the gospel. I love this work!

Sister salmon

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how often you'll get a chance to blog but I was excited to see you on Carol's blog. It sounds like you are doing great! Our bishop challenged us on Sunday to read the BOM in 100 days. I discovered today I am already behind - I thought we were starting today. Continue working hard and we send our love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete