Monday, February 20, 2012

February 13, 2012

That's funny about Brother Conger. I was in St. Louis Tuesday, we went to the Temple and did some vehicle safety stuff at the office. When you send a package with Bro. Conger they can't forward it because of no postage, so it'll sit there until the Zl's go down for meetings or the next transfer. It wasn't there when I was there but I told them I had a package coming and would be delivered by a brother conger. He delivered it on Wednesday and it happened to work out that we had president interviews on Thursday so I texted the AP's and asked if they'd bring it then. So I got the package on Thursday, Much faster then sending it. And it is delicious. It made my mission. I don't allow myself to get homesick but when I opened that package I didn't care about the tears of joy and love. Thank you so much!

I can't believe how much time has flown by. I am so excited for everything and everyone in our family....
This last week was a blur. We had exchanges on Tuesday/Wednesday of this last week in Centralia which were so much fun and a great learning opportunity. I have learned so much from the sisters I've been privileged to serve around, they are amazing! On Wednesday when I was on exchanges with sister Lowe in Centralia, (who just came out and who is an old FHE sister from BYUI, ha weird!) we were out tracting and we knocked on the door of an ex-Pentecostal preacher now born again Baptist. He was a hoot to talk to. He told us we don't believe in the right Jesus Christ and to go read our bible and pray for understanding because if we don't change we're going to hell. But he was really nice about it. So it was funny, but we were there on his door step for probably 25 minutes talking, mostly listening because he wouldn't let us say anything. Finally when he took a breath I said it was good to meet him, shook his hand and I told him I look forward to meeting him again. Thursday was our president interviews which are always amazing and insightful. I'm a little anxious about this next transfer though, I've been here so long so I wonder what the lord has for me next.

Love you all! Happy Valentines day!

sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment