Monday, January 2, 2012

December 27th, 2011
Dear Family
I loved seeing and talking to everyone this last week. That was my favorite part of Christmas for sure!

This last week was a really busy one. Everyday was chalk full with appointments, and amazingly nobody canceled on us. We found a new investigator. We met with her a couple times throughout the week. During our first visit I was a little concerned because she seemed disinterested. But as we continued to talk and read from the scriptures her whole countenance changed. She was more engaged and she became the one who was asking questions. We invited her to church and she said that she would come. We were a little disappointed when she didn't come. :( We had asked a member in our ward to go pick her up. Part of me wonders if she didn't come because we weren't there. But we're going to see her this afternoon and hopefully we can figure some things out.

With it being Christmas time we were able to take part in some secret Santa’s. Skirts make it very interesting when it came to ding dong ditching. We had tried to leave some gifts at one of our investigators houses, but in the process of our escape my companion's shoe went flying off her foot. This scuddled our plan of a quick escape and when we looked back our investigator was at his door watching us. Oh well, we tried.

Christmas eve was spent at various members houses. We ate lots of food, sung carols, read Christmas stories and participated in white elephant gift exchanges. It was a very enjoyable evening. I'm always interested in other people’s traditions.

Yesterday was kind of an off day for me. We are really struggling with doing street lessons. And it’s even harder on Mondays because it’s P-day. The frustrating thing is I had two opportunities to share the gospel and have a good street lesson. And it wasn't until afterward that I realized I my missed opportunity. Sometimes I just forget. So I was (nicely) beating myself up about that. But I didn't let myself get too discouraged though. It’s when we fall that we produce the most growth. I know that with time and practice and help from my Father in Heaven that I can make this weakness a strength.

This morning I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to a blanket of snow. There was a good two inches on the ground when we went out to go running. I have learned that yes it is fun to run in the snow, but it is also lot harder to run in. It’s almost as bad as running in sand. Still, I enjoyed it.


I love you all. Thank you for your prayers, your love and support.

Sister Salmon
*Spencer I found Tim Tams. You were right, they were at target. We'll be doing those at dm this week.

2 comments:

  1. what are tim tams spence? And what is dm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are a type of cookie that you drink your chocolate through like a straw, and then you eat the cookie as it melts with the chocolate. It is pretty good.

      Delete