Monday, October 31, 2011

October 24th, 2011

Oh mom I love your letters each week. I don't have camera cord yet so I'm unable to email pictures-soon though. We've been staying pretty busy. We are really trying to get to know the ward members, and I've noticed a difference in my resolve to be a better missionary because of that. Through serving and getting to know everyone, I have really started to love and admire many of the members in this ward. They each have such great testimonies and are great examples to their families and friends. Transfers were last week, but we stayed in the same spot because I'm new. Transfers are at the end of Next month, and I'm secretly crossing my fingers that we'll stay in this area for another transfer. Missionary work is so much easier when you know people.

When I got on you hadn't emailed me yet so I wrote my large letter to dad. And I don't want to rewrite it because that will take too long. We are having to go down to St. Louis tomorrow and will be there until Wednesday because of a training and leadership meeting. And because of this we are going to go over on our miles for the month. So we've been trying to have car fasts where we walk or find rides to our appointments. Yesterday was our first car fast. We were able to get a ride with Sister Mcconkie to church, but because she had ward counsel we were there a little early. That turned out to be a blessing because the choir was practicing and I was able to participate in the choir. I really do enjoy singing, it reminds me of home. More specifically it helps me feel close to you because I know how much you love music.

I don't know if mentioned but I'm currently the ping-pong champion of the district. It started a couple weeks back on a pday. Many of the missionaries had gathered at the institute building to play pool, foosball, ping pong and other things missionaries do. One of the elders wanted to play ping- pong and challenged me to a game. I told him I'm not that good, but he still wanted to play. I think it was my ego or maybe my pride that helped me win. I don't know. But when it comes to competition, I seemed to have no problem stepping up to the plate. We ended up playing like 8 more games. I won them all. The same thing happened the next week to the same elder, and then right afterward to another elder. I’m just keeping them humble. It’s been fun though.

For Halloween we're doing a Halloween ward party on Friday. chili cook off and trunk r treating, I’m really excited about that, and since Halloween is on Monday I've heard rumors that we'll have an all day p-day next week. We'll see.

Could you send me that quote about reap what you sow, sow what you.... I don't remember the rest.
Well you tons mom dear.

Sister Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment