Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I am well into my 12 days before Christmas and am loving it. My favorite gift that i have received is the photo book for the 9 days before Christmas. I've been showing it off to everyone. I have the greatest family ever.. and the best looking too!
This week has been full of mixed emotions. My trainer, and a very good friend of mine went home this last week. That was a wierd transfer, hearing her give her farewell talk. I think i told you i am training. We ate white washing Glen Carbon Illinois. Back in the flat lands of America. It has been super crazy trying to get organized. We cover a large area and its been an adventure trying to get in contact with all the people the previous sisters were working with. We definetly hit the floor running... Only now i think i know where we're running to.

We have been really blessed. My GPS that i bought back in Champaign gave me a little scare. It didn't work at first, but thankfully i had a different cord to charge it. We've been getting around pretty well. Friday we were in Granite City and I saw and contacted a guy i had found with sister shutt 3 months back. One of the nights it was getting late, the sun had just gone down and i realized that i had taken my greenie to the "projects". Won't be doing that at night. It's a great neighborhood for conacting during the day but i think the police car parked nearby was giving us a heads up.


We also received a call one night from a potential investigator asking us about wanting to come to church. Our ward had there Christmas party Friday night so we knew only a few people from that, but we were able to have a family swing by and pick him up. He stayed for all three hours and really liked. That was the first time we had ever met him. Sunday night we had an appointment with a young girl named Alexis. She's the sister of an investigator we were having a hard time getting a hold of. We shared with her the first lesson gave her a Book of Mormon and invited to read and pray. The lesson went really well and her little sister asked for a Book of Mormon too. Before we left i introduced myself to her parents who were in the kitchen cooking. I asked if they had ever heard of Mormon missionaries and if they'd be interested in learning more. The Father, Mr. Thomas said that he has an uncle who's Mormon but that he had never had a chance to learn more. We have an appointment set up to meet with them Wednesday and to teach them all. We're going to teach the Plan of Salvation.


Sister Duncan is my new companion. She has a strong desire to go out to share the gospel. She's pretty good at stepping out of her comfort zone and getting involved in the discussion which is really great! Her father's in the Navy and has moved around a lot but most recently her family is from Oregon. It was pretty funny when we first pulled up to fill up gas. She wondered where the person was to fill up her car. "I told her we fill up our own gas around here."


Back in Frontenac, we had to move back Eugenes' baptismal date. He still wants to be baptized, we just want to make sure he's really ready. And then i received notice that Mike Lane, a person i had first started teaching will be getting baptized January 5th 2013. President Clark said that i could come back for Eugenes' and I'm hoping i can make it back to st. Charles for Mikes'


This morning I was reading in 1 Nephi 9 and 10. This time around the things that stand out the most are the simplicity and how often the prophets share about the plan of Salvation. The Book of Mormon it so plain and simple. I've been reading the New Testament as well and am loving how these two books fit so well together. They compliment each other so well. God really knew what he was doing when he asked his prophets and apostles to record the dealings of their people. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. When we slow down and take the time to read and truly ponder the purpose of what we are reading, we are blessed with greater understanding. I know the gospel is true. I love sharing it with people. The more I learn, the more I come to know and appreciate my Heavenly Father and the less I am afraid to open my mouth and share testimony.


I wish you all the Best this Christmas Season!


love sister Salmon


p.s Are your cell number still the same? 425 443 9232 and 425 443 9231? also whats your address for skype dad just in case? You're two hours ahead so I 'll let you know next Monday when i will call. It will have to be in the morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment