Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January 14, 2013

A few weeks ago Hannah and her companion were rear ended and she has been getting some treatments.  -just a note of explanation....

I'm not too worries about what Dr. Peck told me. If you want you can feel free to call him and ask him some questions. I'll be going to see him Wednesday so don't call until maybe Thursday. That way i can give them a heads up and you won't have any complications with getting the information you need. I don't think i have any major problems, not much pain. I do pop more in the back than i use to, and when i haven't gone in a while it get a little stiff. I can feel it especially if a sit too long. I talked to Claire about housing. I think be rooming with Keri so that should be fun. If i don't register till the first of March i think I'd rather wait and do my TB test out there. I could get it that weekend and then have the Dr. office fax the results. I don't really have time to do that much running around. Mom and i can "diet" life style change it together. I have some pounds i want to lose as well.

Sounds like a lot of crazy things are happening in the Newton Clan. I received my wedding announcment last week. Friday is the big day. WOW! I can hardly believe it. Mom we need to scedule a back packing beach hike trip before school, just a couple of days...maybe that will give you some incentive.

Sister Clark and President Clark are such sweethearts. I will greatly miss seeing their smiling faces. They love the work and they love the missionaries here. You can just feel it when they enter the room.

I've been doing a lot of reading these last couple of weeks. I alternate between the New Testament and the Doctrine & Covenants as my focus points. Here are a list of some of my latest favorite scriptures:
D&C 42:29, 40, 52, 60 and then 1 Corinthians 9:24, 10:22, Romans 15:1

I've recently been learning about weakness and also agency. I think one of the hardest things for me to see is people using their agency unwisely. It kills me to see it. But at the same time i know how important agency is to God's plan. That is how we learn. I can't expect people to know and understand the things i know if they haven't experienced it themselves. Its like trying to explain what salt tastes like to someone who has never tasted salt. "its salty?" ya it doesn't work too well.
Violet came to church and stayed for the first two hours. That is huge for her. She's only ever stayed for sacrament. And we set a baptismal date with Anna. We saw her this last week and she accepted the invitation. We set it for February 23rd, that's her sons birthday. He will be turning 8 on that date. We asked Anna if we could start teaching Eric her son, which she also said yes to. So hopefully as we teach we can have them both shoot for the 23rd of February. We tasted some sad disappointment this morning. Debbie whom we thought was progressing so well called and told us that she and Tony wanted to stop meeting with us for the moment. This is always a sad thing to hear, again sometimes agency as good and important as it is can also be very frustrating. I think it really made sister Duncan sad. She's had a pretty easy first couple of weeks on the mission. But i know that it is through our choices that we grow. God gave man agency from the very beginning. It's a very precious and sacred gift from our Heavenly Father. Desiring/forcing someone to make certain decisions was what Lucifer wanted for us. How happy i am have been given the ability to make choices for myself. I am not perfect, i have many faults and make more mistakes than i'd like to own up to. But at the same time i have learned so much. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what we need and will prompt us in the right direction when needed. I am grateful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost. He has becoming my favorite companion here in the mission field. I have learned much from the quiet promptings he places in my heart.

much love sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment