Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 3, 2012



Dear Family,
Dad told me about all the excitement that has been happening in our ward/home this last week. Sounds like there has been a lot of missionary service rendered. That's really exciting about the Rojas Family. I think I mentioned last week that we have set a baptismal date with Eugene. He's doing amazing; he's really excited about his baptism. We had asked if he wanted to move up his baptism a week, and at first he said yes. But then he said he'd rather keep it the same. He’s has been telling friends and family and doesn't want to mess with any plans that have been made. He wasn't able to attend all three hours of church yesterday because his medicine was making him nauseous but we went to visit him prior to the First Presidency’s Christmas Devotional. We took Sister Clark with us (our mission president’s wife) and taught the Ten Commandments and the law of Chastity. It went extremely well. Eugene didn’t have concerns and has the same values. Also ever since we taught him the W.O.W he’s been smoke free and coffee free. He’s been doing it on his own, he said when he puts his mind to things he just does it.
We were in St. Charles for Tuesday and Wednesday. I always feel like I’m coming home when I go back for exchanges in St. Charles. It was great to see old faces, and to again teach people that I had once taught and love so much. One night Sister Dutson and I went and visited one particular person whom I had spent a lot of time with. She’s a PM/LA family and had some obstacles that she wasn’t willing to overcome and work through in order to come back. During this particular appointment she brought up some of those concerns that I had previously talked with her about. She mentioned that she those things no longer bothered her and that deep down in her heart she will always be a “Mormon”. Although there are still a few things that she needs to work through before she will allow herself to come back to church, I was ecstatic at the news. This was a huge tender mercy for me. I’m not serving in that area and to be able to go back and hear that type of news from someone I care about so much. …Sometimes as missionaries we don’t always see the fruits of our labors. I am so grateful that God let me be there to witness this person’s change of heart.

Once a transfer we are able to attend a session at the temple. Sister Luker and I were able to attend Friday night with the Killers’; they’re an older couple who work in the office. They had already put the lights up so when we came out of session the tress and everything around were dusted in little white lights (I’ll enclose a picture). The temple is a wonderful place; I love the spirit I feel whenever I attend the temple. A friend pointed out a verse in 2 Nephi 9:20 that talks about holiness. It shares how God is holy because of his omnipotence. He then shared how on our temple it says holiness to the lord and how when we go to the temple we are increasing our knowledge. So when we go to the temple and gain knowledge, when we attend our church meetings, read our scriptures, even increase our knowledge of the world around us we are becoming more holy and more life our Heavenly Father.
Love you all

I know the Gospel is true. I hope you’re enjoying your cold weather. We’ve been in the high 60’s and low 70’s the last couple of days and I am loving it!
Sister Salmon



No comments:

Post a Comment