Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 10th, 2012

 
in Fredericton on the way back to the car. We're told to teach every living creature right? 
 
 

this was Sunday night at Jane kinnaman's home
 
Paint Louis
 
It was been another wonderful week here in Missouri. This last week has been really nice, but this morning it decided to turn cold. As i was coming in from my run i saw an icicle hanging from the bottom of one of the cars. Not a good omen. :) last week was trainer calls, and i was called to train the only sister coming in. We were expect to have two, but we lost one. However we're expected to have 8 sisters coming in next transfer. Pretty much every sister will be training next transfer. My new companion and i will be white washing Glen carbon Ill. which is I'm nervous/excited about. I've been to that area before for exchanges so it won't be all new.

Sister Luker and i had a lot of fun in Fredricktown Missouri this last week. We were up there working with sister Lowe and sister Allen (new sister). I have throughly enjoyed my time serving as an exchange sister and am going to miss being able to go and see all the other sister. But i am excited for sister Luker as she has been called for this transfer.

We had a neat experience the other day. We went tracting with one of members. She is an RM and really misses doing missionary work. We had a great experience finding two new people for sister Luker and sister Johnson to teach.

There was a baptism on Saturday for a young girl in the ward. Her mother is a convert for only two years and her father is not a member. It's interesting because this family is jewish, and although the mother doesn't still practice, the father (still a practicing Jew) sees the benefits and blessings for having his children in the church and has agreed to let them be baptized when they come of age. We had invited Eugene to come so he could see what it will be like at his baptism, but he was unable to make it because he wasn't feeling well. As i was sitting watching the program, my heart was filled with such love for my savior. He set the example and made it possible for us to then follow his example and be forgiven of our sins. What an amazing gift! I was also reminded of my own baptism. Feelings of love and excited as family and friends shared in my special day. I remember that i was baptized with Jared and that we had waited or Grandma and Grandpa Newton. I think they were serving mission. Tears filled my eyes when i thought of the simplicity, and sacredness of this special act of faith. Why can't people see how necessary it is for our salvation. Jesus is the Christ. I love this time of year when we get to spend a good solid month remembering and thanking him for his selfless act of love.

Eugene hasn't been doing to good. He's been a little down due to this time of year. He said it brings back memories of the his "brothers", the men he served with during the Vietnam war. He didn't make it to church yesterday so we're thinking about moving it back a week. On a happier note, we went to the YSA ward yesterday with Julie. She's been touch and go the last week but seems to be doing better. We've talked a lot about small and simple things and how we need to nourish our testimony everyday through small acts of faith. We're going to the YSA FHE tonight and hoping we can find her some good fellowshippers.

I received my stories, thank you so much mom. I had some from last year, but you included some different one this year. I read the one about "may our alms be in secret". It always brings tears to my eyes. I think becuase this was one dad always seemed to have a hard time reading. I love my memories from this time of year. I've been reading the Christmas stories to my companion by flash light these last couple of days. Not quite the same, but close. And I also got my small PMG. And i love it! Thank you. Also I was in the office yesterday and saw my package, so i should be getting it at transfers on Wedesday. I'll wait and only open the ones I"m suppose to.

Also i loved my Fish tails. Everyone looks so great!...But where's my T-shirt? Not feeling the love on that one.

love you all
sister salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment