Wednesday, December 21, 2011

November 14, 2011

This week has gone by super fast. We're trying to build our teaching pool so we're outside a lot knocking doors. It’s hard because you never know who or what is behind the door, but every door is a learning experience. And the thankfully the weather has turned too cold thank goodness. There was one day last week when we were outside all most all day and I had to rotate my hand warmer from one mitten to the next. However we met some really great people that day and two people actually invited us in. I think it was mostly because they took pity on us and wanted us to warm up a bit, but we had good gospel discussions at both places. The one is actually good friends with the bishop in the other ward so he had some knowledge about what we believe in. He actually had a copy of the book of Mormon and said that he has read from its pages. We talked more about the book of Mormon and then he brought up that the main thing he loves about our church is eternal families. We left him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and have plans to follow up some time this next week. Hopefully it goes well.

Thursday we had our President interviews so after our district meeting our district made lunch together. We have an elder from El Salvador so he made us legit tacos. They were so good! Anyway, President was a little behind on the interviews so we ended up staying there all day. While President was interviewing each of us, first as a companionship then as individuals, sister clark and the assistants to the president were teaching us about dignity, accountability, and correction.

It’s so sad when you see someone trying so hard to do what’s right and then something horrible happens to them. Ed has a lot of things that he's trying to figure out and work out, but it seems that Satan is trying so hard to prevent him from cleaning up his life. We got a call from Ed Tuesday telling us he'd been hit by a truck on the way to an AA meeting on his bike. He's ok but when that really shook him up and prevented us from seeing him until Saturday. We taught him about faith, repentance and started talking to him about baptism and invited to be baptized but decided to hold back before extending a date. There are still some things that he's having a hard time grasping. But he's making good progress. And exciting news, he came to church again this Sunday! So that was awesome. Probably wasn't the best Sunday to have an investigator there because we were talking about temples. Half way through the first talk he leans over and asks me what the endowment room was… But he seemed to enjoy it.


For Thanksgiving we're eating at a member’s home. Sister Dunn is a widower and I'm not sure how much of her family is coming to visit. But she such a sweet lady and makes the best food. I offered to help and hopefully she lets us come over and cook. Then for Christmas we haven't thought that far ahead. Transfers are on Dec 1st so we don't know where we'll be. I know that the mission is planning on doing a mission Christmas party so that will be awesome, really excited about that. Oh and Sister shutt and I have decided that we want to have bikes. We know its bad timing but we feel that there's no time like present. We had a friend look on craig's list and found two bikes. We went and saw one the other day and will go and see the other one later this afternoon. We're really excited.


Funny things that happened this last week:
K well this happened last week but I thought it was too funny I had to put this in too. I talk in my sleep, and I guess one night sister shutt my companion woke up to me praying in my sleep. Which according to her really confused her because she thought that she'd fallen asleep during morning comp. prayer. But it was like 4am in the morning.

I think it was Wednesday morning we received a phone call at 12:00am from a private caller and (I'm alseep for all this and have no recollection. This is according to my companion) sister shutt say's something to me about it. I mumbled something back that she can't remember and then proceeded to teach her a lesson in my sleep. I was the missionary and was talking to her like she was the investigator. I was saying things like we are your investigators. We want to know how to best help you....something like that. I guess I went on for a while and then ended with a commitment. I'm even a missionary in my sleep. Then this morning I was having a dream that I was taking a sit-ups test and I think mom was there to because I needed someone there to count for me. Anyway I woke myself up doing sit-ups. Man I'm teaching and working out in my sleep, that's pretty cool!

love you all
Sister Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment