Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17th, 2012

HeY FAmilia

This week was pretty crazy for me. It was the first time I'd been in my area the entire week. The last three weeks we were on exchanges so my days have been off all week.

We did a lot of finding this week, which i was really happy about. Because we haven't been in our area a lot, i feel like we've abused the people in Frontenac. The weather has been perfect for finding as well so that's been a blessing. I wish i could report that we found some people to teach, but we didn't. We had some really good conversations, but once we would start bringing up 'new teachings' like additional scriptures, or that we existed as spirits before we lived they'd close up. We started talking to this one man, and was very hopeful. But then once we brought up that he lived as a spirit he got really angry and no longer wanted to talk about religion. One of my companions took this very hard. We ended up going to Oberwiess to cheer her up. Oberwiess is this really nice dairy story. They have really good ice cream, milks, etc. That seemed to brighten her mood. As missionaries we can't offered to take those things personally. It breaks my heart when i meet people who reject this message. I don't think they understand that its Christ they are rejecting. We are here to help them strengthen their faith in Christ. We only want them to be happy.

We were able to get a hold of Eugene this week and talk about baptism and the coventants we make at baptism. I think that really helped him understand why we need to be baptized. We again invited him to be baptized and to pray about a date. He seemed more sincere this time about it.

Saturday night was transfer calls. I will be staying in the area and my new companion will be sister Luker. We've served together before, and I'm really excited to serve with her again. She is an awesome missionary. I've had an opportunity to serve with her a couple of times on exchanges. She has grown so much as a missionary. Frontenac has so much potential as an area and I'm excited to really dig in. Sister Pedersen is going to Mexico Ill? and sister Grover is going to Glen carbon. They are both pretty excited.

Yesterday sister Pedersen put sister Grover and i on house arrest. We've been feeling under the weather.(i didn't know what to do with myself. So i finally went to sleep. I slept for 4 hours, waking up at 8:30pm...don't worry mom I'm feeling much better :) ) While we were at home resting sister pedersen went out with sister Burton, an elderly sister missionary who works in the office. They were able to go and meet with a family in the ward that has been battling a lot of physical trials. And then they had an opportunity to stop by rob's home and visit with him. They shared a message about finding peace from reading the scriptures and from the words of the prophets. They invited him to read 2Nephi 31 and sister Luker and I will be following up with him later this week.
Love Sister Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment